WORKSITE TRAFFIC CONTROL SUPERVISOR (WTC)
(internal must be a current Traffic Troopers, Inc. employee)
Traffic Troopers, Inc. has open positions for motivated, honest and diligent WTC Supervisors (various locations) Must already be a Traffic Technician and have completed 2000 hours and passed examination with a 80% or higher.
Worksite Traffic Control Supervisor (WTCS) responsibilities include but not limited to:
Operates company trucks to transport materials and equipment to job site, selecting, installing and maintaining all traffic control devices in accordance with the Work Zone Plans, Provisions and the MUTCD.
- Must have certified training in Safe traffic control practices in accordance with the MUTCD.
- Will ensure that all traffic control devices are effective and complies with the Traffic Control Plan (TCP)
- Will exercise full authority to act on behalf of Traffic Troopers, Inc. in administering the Traffic Control Plan
- Be available on a 24-hour basis and be able to respond effectively to an emergency within 45 minutes of notification
- Supervising the installation of the traffic control devices before construction
- Review any modifications to the TCP before submitting them to the Project Engineer/Foreman/Crew Leader
- Must inspect the traffic control devices on a regular basis to ensure that they meet the requirements
- Monitors work to ensure that all potential hazards are kept clear of the traffic
- Ensures that dust, mud, and debris do not interfere with normal traffic operations or adjacent property